of Purchasing Wetland Credits from StillWater
The Pricing of Wetland Credits
Pricing for StillWater's
wetland credits are reasonable, cost efficient, and
competitive, saving the client the expense of a)
on-going liability for ecological success of a wetland
and/or b) starting over if an individual
on or off-site mitigation fails, c)
watching over a wetland mitigation's protection in
perpetuity as well as d) responding
to on-going legally required annual reporting and monitoring.
For the Client.
- Increases significantly
the certainty of costs that are associated with wetland
- Eliminates land
costs associated with wetlands creation.
- Eliminates water
rights costs and issues associated with wetland creation.
- Eliminates the on-going
responsibility, liability, and reporting required
to ensure the survival of created on-site wetlands
- Eliminates potential
- Increases “developable”
land on the development site.
- Allows attention
to be focused on the development project instead
of becoming wetland experts overnight.
- Eliminates ecological
failure (90% of all on-site mitigations fail per
- Eliminates uncertainty of mitigating a project that might be staged over time via pre-purchase of credits prior to actual impact.
For the Regulatory
- Consolidates impacts into an approved and ecological functioning wetland.
- Ensures wetlands replacement
since wetlands can be functional in advance of development
- Eliminates temporal loss.
- Brings scientific expertise, planning and financial resources together not often practical or cost efficient over the long term to individual mitigation efforts.
- Reduces the demand to review,
inspect and monitor many permitted impacts because
of consolidation benefits.
For the Environment.
- Restores wetlands
that have been dried up, destroyed or otherwise damaged,
and creates additional wetlands in the watershed
and river basin in which the impacts take place.
- Protects open space
- Provides habitat
for wildlife and bird species.
- Mitigates unavoidable wetland impacts often at a 1:1 ratio, or 1:5:1 ratio, meeting the goals of "no-net-loss" and "net gain" for wetlands.
For the Community.
- Balances development
pressure with the creation of open space and wildlife
- Puts conservation
easements in place to ensure wetland open space in
- Contributes to commerce
by bringing the wetland credit business to a region.
- Provides a resource
in the watershed of impacts for compensatory wetland
mitigation that ensures ecological success.